Sample teacher interview thank you letter to make a good impression after your teaching job interview. Stand out as the right job candidate with a well written.
As you know, I've been in the process of applying for various employment opportunities over the past weeks. Recently, I received a very desirable offer to fill a position at an energetic and exciting company. Although both a resume exhibiting experiences and credentials suited to the job and a successful interview certainly contributed to my success, I feel that your willingness to speak as a professional reference on my behalf played a central role in the company's decision to offer me the position.
I am writing to express my gratitude for your time and consideration in support of my endeavors. Your perspective and encouragement mean a great deal to me. Thank you for all that you've done.
Thank you for taking the time to write me a letter of recommendation. I could not have asked for nicer comments. Your letter paved the way for numerous interviews and a job offer from Doe Corporation, where I wanted most to work. The time you took to write that letter will have a significant impact on my life for years to come. I hope I can reciprocate the favor.
Thank you for your kindness in agreeing to write a letter of recommendation to accompany my application to medical school. I have wanted to study medicine since my biology class in the eighth grade, and have selected extracurricular activities that would be consistent with that goal. My university grades are good, and I have been a volunteer at the local hospital for the past year. I will soon have a preliminary interview with a selections committee, but before that interview I need to secure letters of recommendation.
The admissions committee informs successful candidates approximately four months after the submission deadline. I will inform you of the results as soon as I receive them.
I know it takes a lot of time to write a letter of recommendation, and I deeply appreciate your kindness. I will do my best to deserve your confidence. Thank you very much.
I can't thank you enough for telling Jane Doe about my chef service. The Doe's have signed up for the full service and they know several more people who might be interested. Thank you for taking the time to tell your friends. I'll do my best to deserve your confidence.
Please accept my sincere thanks for your letter of reference for my service as a housekeeper. Although I was very sorry to leave your employ, thanks to your letter I have obtained an excellent position with the Doe family here in Springfield. I will miss your family very much, especially during the summer. I hope you will enjoy your new home in Georgia, and wish you much happiness in the years to come.
I want to express my deepest gratitude to you for the recommendation you made on my behalf. You went the extra mile to assist me, and I have gained a significant benefit because of you. I know that your recommendation played a significant role in helping me obtain the opportunity I was seeking.
Without your recommendation, I do not feel that my application would have made the same impact. You are a pillar in the community and highly respected by everyone.
Thank you once again for your powerful, well-thought-out recommendation. It means a lot that you would take time out of your busy schedule to help me succeed. If I can be of any service to you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me.
How to Write a Letter of Appreciation to Your Teacher. Your teachers play an important role in your life, so you likely want to tell them how much.
Sometimes we forget the impact that we have as teachers. Schools are busy places, and teachers are busy people, so it’s not surprising that sometimes we miss out on chances to stop and reflect upon the influence that we wield over the young people in our care. Often, it’s the little conversations, the easily-forgotten asides, the friendly smile or brief compliment that mean the most to young people – and while we might forget them by the time it comes to write the next report or plan the next lesson, those words can remain with a young person for a very long time, shaping their personality and their thoughts.
So, thank you to all the teachers out there. To show you how powerful you are, as individuals and as a profession, here are a collection of ‘Thank-You’ letters written by students thanking the teacher who, in his or her inimitable way, changed their lives for the better.
I hated you when I first met you. I hated the fact that you made me stand up straight. I hated the way you made me wear my uniform right. I hated the way you made me speak correctly. Most of all, I hated the way that you wouldn’t accept my work unless it was the best I could do. And the best always seemed more effort than I was willing to put in.
We had lots of arguments, at the start. I remember being kept in at lunch a lot. And despite my yelling and threats – even tears once or twice – I remember you never lost your temper. You were always patient with me. You always took the time to listen to me, whenever I wanted to be heard.
I look back upon that time as so important in the development of the person that I am today. You taught me discipline. You taught me dignity. Much more than English, which was what you were supposedly teaching me, you taught me that I could achieve more than what I or other people thought that I was capable of. I could be a success, instead of a clown.
For that lesson, I owe you so much.
A student (Year 11).
To my teacher:
If I had not had you as my teacher in Year 7, my life would be incredibly different. I’m not saying it would be bad – but you opened my eyes to what I could be, what I could do, in a way that I’ve never thought possible. You took a kid from Penrith and made him want to see the world and beyond.
I still remember one lesson where you told us about your hopes for your future when you were our age. I think you were meant to be talking about science, but it changed, and kind of became a life study. You told us about your regrets, and your successes, and for some reason, it all resonated with me, and I started to realize that anything really is possible.
You have changed my whole aspect on my learning, I wouldn't be where I am today without you. Your encouragement and persistence in my junior years has taught me that I am who I am, and to get to the top, it’s all down to me. I am capable, but it will take hard work and lots of dedication.
An Inspirer. An Empower. An Engager. These three characteristics are just a short sample of the many you demonstrate with all of your students, including me, every single day.
Too often we progress through the ‘ropes of life,’ and do not invest the time to express our gratitude and authentic value for the support you so eagerly share for our growth, as not only students, but also as global citizens of society.
You make me feel authentically supported when you say, “Please let me know how I can be helpful” and genuinely mean it. Also, the excitement you express to co-learn with me rather than teach me, makes me feel like a partner in my learning experience, when it is so easy to feel like ‘a sponge that can only absorb.’ I know you have so much to share, but I love how you also openly articulate how much I have to share as well and how much you learn by engaging with me!
As an educator, your title can ensure a role of heightening my knowledge in academics. However, you see me not as one of the many students you have, but instead you value me for my uniqueness and strengths. You promote an environment where I feel like I am able to not only share my contribution, but also know it is actually considered and appreciated.
Thank you for being genuine. Thank you for seeing me as a partner in learning and sharing. Thank you for being you. Thank you for being one of the few great teachers out there. May you inspire others to achieve the greatness you have.
Clement Coulston (Graduated)
Thank you for your patience. Thank you for your time. Thank you for helping me with my homework. Thank you for setting me homework. Thank you for staying behind to help me, even when I know there are lots of other places you’d rather be. Thank you for keeping me company on camp when no one else was there. Thank you for not embarrassing me in front of my friends. Thank you for explaining things until I understand. Thank you for making me do my best. Thank you for being my teacher.
Sarah (Year 8)
When you have an amazing teacher, it is only natural that you would want to send a thank you letter. You cannot be with your child all the time, and someone has to take on the role of teaching your child new information. A good teacher can make a huge impact in the child’s life, so it makes sense that you would want to express your gratitude. Each thank you letter to teacher from parent can help you show just how important you think that your child’s teacher is in their life.
Whether it is a teacher appreciation day or you just want to thank a teacher for extra work, you can use a thank you letter to teacher from parent to figure out what to say. You can write these in a letter or use them in a card attached to a gift for the teacher. A teacher’s job often feels thankless, so make sure that you let your child’s teacher know just how much you appreciate them!
1. As parents, we might work as engineers, doctors and scientists, but nothing can really compare to the sacrifices made by a teacher. Your job is responsible for nurturing young minds and contributes more to the nation’s development than we ever could. Thank you for all of the things that you do—our daughter/son really loves your class.
2. We are so happy that our child loves going to school so much. When school first started, we were so nerve-wracked. Would she/he like school? Would she/he have friends? When she/he instantly started loving school and going to class, we were so happy. We know that we have you to thank for making our child enjoy going to school each day. From the rooms you decorate to the activities you plan, you have made our child think that school is fun. Everything you do is so important to us, and we just wanted to thank you for it.
3. Thank you for all of your patience and time. When we are too busy to help our child learn, thank you for being there to help with homework and guide them. Thank you for staying behind to help and for always making sure that he/she does his/her best. Because of you, our child loves school and we cannot thank you enough for that!
4. As our child grows up, she/he has learned an important life lesson. From your class, he/she has learned how important learning is and how much he/she loves to learn new things. This skill will carry over to a lifetime of learning and education, so we cannot thank you enough. You have encouraged and supported our child in so many ways. Through your hard work, our child is moving on to the next grade with so many amazing stories to tell. Thank you so much for filling each school day with enthusiasm, fun and love. Thank you!
5. People always talk about how hard being a parent is, but we really think that we have the easy job. We are constantly rewarded as we watch our child grow into a strong, confident and intelligent woman/man. Our rewards are unlimited. We think that teachers truly have the hardest job. You work so hard for a short time, and you can only hope that your hard work has planted the seeds of wisdom within each child’s mind. You might see some of the rewards now, but many of the fruits of your efforts will not be apparent for years. Your work, wisdom and passion help children to become better human beings. Thank you for all of your work, sacrifice and energy!
6. Thank you for your friendship, guidance and discipline. We cannot always be with our child, but we know that she/he is loved and cared for when she/he is in your class. We have watched her/him become more confident and strong during the last few months. Each day, it seems like she/he always has something new to share. When we ask where he/she learned it, she/he always says that you taught her/him! Thank you for taking the time to teach our child and for helping him/her become the best that he/she can be!
7. Thank you for being such an excellent educator. Our child may only have spent a few years in school, but we already realize that teachers like you are impossible to find. Thank you!
8. We appreciate all of the patience, time and energy that you put into teaching. Even when the topic seems dull and boring, you empower students to learn and have fun. You demonstrate each and every day what it takes to be an amazing teacher. Thanks!
9. The love that teachers like you put into their work is the true difference between just educating and teaching. A classroom can survive without a computer or an iPad, but it would never be a place of learning without an amazing teacher in it. Thank you for always educating, empowering and teaching our child. You are truly irreplaceable!
10. I just wanted you to know how irreplaceable you are for our student. We are so grateful to have a teacher who engages children and makes each child so excited about learning. We love seeing our daughter/son come home from school with so many amazing things to say about class. He/she is always so excited to share everything that he/she has learned. Thanks!
11. I know that your job might not always be easy, so I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate all of your hard work. Because of you, all of your students have a positive, engaging learning environment. Thank you so much!
12. I hope you realize just how amazing you are. We quickly realized that you were our child’s favorite teacher. Over the last few months, we have loved watching all of the positive changes you have made in her/his attitude, outlook and knowledge. We know that we have you to thank for all of this. Thanks for your loving guidance and hard work!
13. No card or gift could ever say just how much we appreciate having you as a mentor to a child. You are not just a friend or a teacher. You are a mentor, a cheerleader, an educator and an example of what an amazing person is like. Thank you for everything that you do!
14. We picked this gift with care to thank you for all of the work you have put into helping our child grow. Thank you for your constant understanding and your support. You always show our child that you are there for them and care for them. We might be able to put our child into the best school, but that wouldn’t matter unless he/she had the best teacher as well. We are so lucky that our child has you as a teacher.
15. I wanted to tell you just how much I appreciate all of your efforts. You have made a huge difference in her/his life. We cannot possibly tell you all of the changes that you have made. Thank you for all that you do!
16. You do not just educate my child. You teach her/him the importance of learning and getting an education. You are always so considerate and kind, but I know that you can be strict when you need to. Because of you, my child is being molded into a good human being. Thank you so much—I am so grateful to you.
17. A good teacher is someone who looks like a parent, thinks like a student and acts like a boss. You are an amazing teacher, and our child is so lucky to have you in his/her life. Thanks so much!
18. Our children our protected from bad influences because of teachers like you. Your example, love and guidance make all the difference. Thanks!
19. I am so blessed that my child has a teacher like you. Each day, I witness all of the ways that you change his/her life for the better. Thanks!
20. I am infinitely relieved that you are my child’s teacher. Your nurturing, kindness, guidance and intelligence are molding my child into an amazing human being. Thank you so much!
21. Thank you! You make a difference in each child’s life who walks into your classroom. Because you care so much, you help our child to trust herself/himself and to believe in his/her dreams. Thank you!
22. It is so comforting to know that someone like you is there to guide my child. I know that she/he is entertained, engaged, happy and entertained when I cannot be there. Thank you for always going above and beyond the call of duty!
23. If every teacher in the world was like you, the world would be a better place. Every child would have proper values and an excellent education. Thanks for all that you do!
24. I just wanted to let you know just how much we appreciate all of the work that you do. I know that we could never say it enough, but you are the best teacher that our child could possibly find. Thank you!
25. We look back on this year with so much appreciation and gratitude. You are a brilliant teacher who touched each student’s life in an amazing way. While the curriculum was just raw material, you gave it warmth and life. Thank you so much!
26. Each child is a seed. When nurtured properly, they grow into brilliant, amazing human beings. Because of your compassion, intelligence and nurturing, we know that our child has the best start possible in life. Thank you!
27. We are so grateful to have you as our child’s teacher. You are more than just an educator, and we cannot thank you enough.
28. Thank you for all of your efforts this year. Because of you, our child loves school. Your dynamic lessons make her/him excited to learn and participate. Thanks!
29. Thank you for always being such an amazing teacher for my child. We knew that this was a good school, but we never expected to find such an amazing teacher as you. Thanks!
30. Dearest teacher, thank you for not making our student learn what you want to teach, but teaching her/him to want to learn. You are incredible!
31. We are so grateful that our child has such a great role model, mentor and teacher in her/his life. Thank you!
32. It is impossible for me to thank someone who has spent so much time and energy helping my child grow. I am so unbelievably grateful for all of the work that you do. Thanks!
33. They say that a teacher plants seeds of wisdom that grow forever. Thank you for being such an amazing gardener!
34. The school year is coming to an end, so I wanted to take a moment to thank you. I am so grateful for your patience and dedication. You have given my child an amazing year in your class. Thanks!
35. How could I possibly express my appreciation for someone who has put in so much time and energy into helping my child grow? Thank you so much for all of the things that you do!
It is always a beautiful gesture to send a thank you letter to a teacher who has changed your child's perspective towards studies, and maybe.
Thank-you letters are always appreciated by the people who give you references, write letters of recommendation on your behalf, or provide a recommendation on the professional networking platform LinkedIn for you.
When you take the time to say thank you, your reference-providers will be even more inclined to recommend you next time around.
Everyone likes to feel appreciated, particularly when they’ve taken extra time from their work day or after hours to provide a written recommendation for you. In addition, if you get a LinkedIn recommendation from them, consider following suit and, if you can recommend the person, do so. They will likely appreciate this as well.
How should you relay your thanks? You can say thank you via email, a thank-you note card, or by writing a traditional letter. Any of these serve as an acceptable way to convey your gratitude.
When you are not sure what to include in your reference thank-you letters, it's always a good idea to review samples. You'll be able to get ideas and suggestions for your own email messages, notes, and letters, which you can then use to personalize your correspondence to fit the circumstances. Here are a variety of thank-you letter samples for references and recommendations.
“I Got The Job” Thank-You Letter Sample
Here you can review a sample email message saying thank you for a reference which at the same time informs the reference writer that the person was hired. People are innately curious, and it provides both closure and an opportunity for celebration when you take the time to let them know that their efforts have yielded happy results.
Status Update Reference Thank-You Letter Example
Here’s an example of a reference letter saying thank you for a reference for employment. This letter also updates the reference provider on the status of the candidate's job application. Letting people know that your job search is still in progress alerts them that you are still free to consider rising new job opportunities they may know about. This sort of networking is a great way to “seed” and develop your list of possible target jobs.
College Recommendation Thank-You Letter Example
Has someone agreed to provide a recommendation for you as part of your college application? Have a look at this example of a reference letter saying thank you for a recommendation for college.
Email Reference Thank-You Letter Sample
For those instances when you lack either the stationery or the time it takes to pen a handwritten note of thanks, it’s fine to send an email thank-you letter instead. In addition to saying thank you in your email, make sure to include your contact information (email address and phone number) so that you and the recipient can keep in touch.
References are more important to a job search than you might realize. Find out who you should ask for a reference or a recommendation, and how to best ask for their help, by reading through References and Recommendations.
For more inspiration and tips about how to structure various types of recommendation letters, you’ll find several reference letters, personal references, academic reference, letters asking for a reference, and lists of references at Sample Reference Letters / Recommendation Letters.
Finally, before you even begin to apply for jobs, you should plan ahead and compile a list of references and some letters of recommendation, so you're prepared to provide these immediately when a prospective employer requests them.
On the other hand, if you’re an entry-level job candidate with limited experience, it’s fine to approach teachers, coaches, pastors, or people you know through volunteer work about the possibility of their serving as a reference for you. Here's how to ask for a reference.
The advantage to sending a handwritten thank-you note or a letter is that the person has a tangible reminder of your appreciation. That makes more of an impact than an email message which can be quickly filed away or forgotten.
If you are an established professional, good people to add to your list of references include supervisors, work associates, and / or people you know personally who already work for the company you are targeting.
Write Your Teacher a Heartfelt Thank-You Note. How to write a thank-you note to a teacher: From an elementary student: Notes from Student to Teacher.